Posted on: 13 April 2021
Are you an adult who wants to improve your smile but thinks that braces are for kids only? While it's true the most common age range for orthodontics is between 9 and 14, this shouldn't deter adults from considering braces. In fact, you'll be glad to know that more adults than ever are seeking orthodontic treatment, which includes braces.
If you're an adult who is considering braces, Invisalign might be a good choice. Here are three reasons adults should consider Invisalign.
1. Invisalign Is Hardly Noticeable
If you would rather not have other people notice you're wearing braces, Invisalign is a good orthodontic treatment option. This is because Invisalign is made up of clear aligners that are hardly noticeable to others. These clear aligners do not contain any metal and instead are made from BPA-free plastic.
Here are some tips to ensure that Invisalign remain hardly noticeable:
- Take out the aligners before drinking beverages like coffee and tea so that you won't stain them
- Avoid using lipstick while wearing the aligners, as this might draw attention to them or stain them
- Don't smoke, as the nicotine will make the clear aligners turn yellow
Following these tips and taking good care of your aligners will help keep your Invisalign top secret.
2. Invisalign Is an Effective Orthodontic Treatment
When it comes to straightening crooked teeth, Invisalign is a very effective orthodontic treatment option. However, teeth straightening isn't the only orthodontic issue that Invisalign is used for.
Some of the other oral issues that Invisalign helps treat include:
- An overbite, underbite, or crossbite
- Small gaps between the teeth
- Some cases of overcrowding
While Invisalign is a great option for these kinds of orthodontic issues, you should know this is not a treatment option for fixing the shape of a tooth or for large gaps between the teeth. If you have had prior dental work done, like a dental bridge, you probably won't be able to do Invisalign.
3. There are Many Benefits of Invisalign
Besides being hardly noticeable and an effective treatment option for different kinds of orthodontic problems, there are other benefits of Invisalign. Some of these benefits include:
- They are comfortable to wear
- There is no risk of wires becoming loose
- They can be removed when you eat, brush and floss
- They don't require a lot of maintenance
If you are ready to learn more about Invisalign, contact a local orthodontist.Share